To reduce noise from inlet or discharge of the fan, ACOVENT offers both rectangular and cylindrical insulating baffles silencers. Depending on the structural requirements of the customer, silencers can be manufactured in carbon steel, galvanized steel or stainless steel.
The rectangular silencers RS have been designed to reduce the centrifugal fans' noise; they can be installed both on the inlet and on the outlet. The standard version of the RS consist of:
- Silencers casing in galvanized steel of adeguate thickness, flanged at both sides;
- Acoustic baffle fixation with screws or rivets;
- Acoustic baffle thickness 200 mm, consisting of a frame in galvanized steel containing mineral wool with protection against erosion by glass fibre and protective screen;
- The distance between baffle can be 100 mm (RS-A), 150 mm (RS-B) o 200 mm (RS-C);
- Variable length from 500 to 3000 mm;
- The maximum fluid speed between baffle is 20 m/s; the suggested is 15 m/s;
- The maximum fluid temperature is 100°C.
The RS serie silencer are aviable with the casing in painted carbon steel with special surface treatments against corrosion, stainless steel and aluminium. To connect the silencers to the inlet and outlet flanges of the fans transition pieces are available.
The cylindrical silencers CS have been designed to reduce the centrifugal and axial noise; they can be installed both on the inlet and on the outlet. The silencers are foreseen at a parity of DN (Nominal Diameter) in three lenghts L, named 10, 15, 20 that express the following ratios (L/DN = 1; L/DN = 1,5; L/DN = 2). The silencers area aviaiable starting from diameter 250 mm up to 1600 mm. And in two constructive version: CSNP (without sound absorbing pod) e CSWP (with sound absorbing pod). The standard version of the CS silencers consist of:
- Casing in galvanized steel, thickness 0,8 mm up to diameter 1250 and 1,2 mm over;
- Mounting flange with threaded insert;
- Flanges according to EUROVENT norms;
- Acoustic material in mineral wool with density 70 kg/m3 with protection against erosion by glass fibre fire resistance M0 and extended metal sheet suitable for air speed up to 20 m/s;
- Acoustic thickness from 70 to 100 mm depending from the different sizes;
- Working temperature up to 150°C.
The CS serie silencer are aviable with the casing in painted carbon steel with special surface treatments against corrosion, stainless steel and aluminium. To connect the silencers to the inlet and outlet flanges of the fans transition pieces are available.